Oct 12 , 2018
- Preheat oven to 425F. Lightly grease a baking tray and set aside.
- Empty the scone mix into a bowl. Mix the egg and milk together. Reserve 2 teaspoons for glazing ( see step 4) and then add the remaining liquid to the scone mix. Stir with a wooden spoon until a smooth dough is formed.
- Roll the dough onto the lightly floured surface to approximately 3/4" thickness. Cut into 6 scones using a 2 1/2" cutter or use the rim of a drinking glass as a template to cut round. Place on a greased baking tray
- Brush the tops of the scones with the remaining egg/milk mixture to glaze. Leave to rise for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Bake in the center for the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.